A recording of this session is available through IBPA’s institution on OpenLearning.com. IBPA members can login to OpenLearning here.
Of course social media counts when it comes to finding readers, but limiting your marketing outreach to one channel means limiting sales.
Discover how you can move beyond the Twitter and Facebook crowd and expand your marketing reach with hands-on techniques that have been proven to work when it comes to attracting buyers.
During this webinar, you will learn:
- What you need to do to prepare to execute effective marketing strategies.
- Why it may be beneficial to do the research on the market for the book before you write the book.
- The importance of setting goals that will define this book as a success in your business model.
- How to define the core audience (who is the first best customer) for your book, and the necessity for doing so.
- How to take advantage of your success with the core audience.
- Why it can make sense to give books away to generate sales.
Marcella Smith is a literary agent and consultant offering expert support to publishers and authors in strategic marketing and business development. Prior to establishing her own business Marcella was a senior executive at Barnes & Noble who worked with publishers/suppliers to develop new business, expand the title selection, strengthen relationships, and drive increased profitability. As the Director of Vendor Relations, she oversaw the management of all aspects of Barnes & Noble’s operations/logistics/financial relationship with its suppliers, including terms negotiations. She served two terms on the board of the PMA (IBPA), and continues as a member of that organization.