A recording of this session is available through IBPA’s institution on OpenLearning. IBPA members can login to OpenLearning here to access it.
About the Program
Did you know that by the time you’ve read this sentence, Google has already processed over 200,000 online searches? Yes, today Google processes over 3.5 billion searches every single day!
Hard to believe? Sample this:
- Just last month, 28,000 people searched for “how to motivate my employees.”
- 12,050 people searched for “Music for my cat”! How crazy is that?
So the question really is: Are you willing to be found? If the answer to this is YES, then this webinar is for you.
During this live-demo webinar, we will dive a little deeper and get answers to the following pertinent questions:
- Why is search engine optimization important?
- Will it make a difference to my book sales?
- Can you show me some proof?
- Isn’t this just “Keywords” and “Metadata” stuff? Or am I missing something?
- What are some simple tools and techniques to get me started today?
About the Presenter:
Arun Benty is the Founder and Director of Business Development at Papertrell, a digital publishing startup. With over 15 years of experience in the software industry, he has seen the power of disruptive business models up close and personal, having worked with several leading tech startups the world over. Arun has been intimately involved with digital publishing for over 5 years starting with the launch of the first ever book app in collaboration with HarperCollins in 2010. Today, Papertrell’s cutting edge ebook reader and distribution technology powers the reading experience of over a million readers in 100+ countries. Leading publishers use the platform to go beyond simple digital replicas of print books to create amazing interactive experiences that delight readers. We are on a mission to empower everyone to take on publishing’s digital future.