A recording of this session is available through IBPA’s institution on OpenLearning.com. IBPA members can login to OpenLearning here.
Publishers and authors gain many benefits by creating an online presence and selling their own eBooks directly to consumers.
Not only can you generate more sales and better connections to your readers, you can also cut out the middle man and keep 100% of your revenue.
However, selling your own eBooks is not always easy, and a lot of questions need to be answered before it is clear that the benefits outweigh the costs.
During this webinar, you will learn the answers to these questions (and yours, too):
- What formats should you provide?
- Can you sell any format you want (Kindle, iBooks Author, etc.)?
- How do you deliver the eBook files?
- What about Digital Rights Management and piracy protection?
- How much will this all cost you?
- When is the right time to build your own eBook store?
- Should you only sell e-books from your own website, or should you still keep them up for sale on the major retailers?
- How can you market your own sales without making the retailers angry?
- Are there prepared solutions to these logistics, or is it all something you have to do yourself?
- What about alternatives to selling your eBooks?
Join us as we discuss these and other logistics of selling your own e-books. Bring your questions, and your skeptical CEO.
About the speaker: Joshua Tallent is a well-known eBook expert and teacher, and is a vocal advocate for beautiful, functional, accessible eBook files. eBook Architects, Joshua’s eBook development company, was acquired by Firebrand Technologies in February 2013, where he and his team continue to provide eBook design and consulting services to both publishers and authors, specializing in complex and enhanced eBook projects and grand ideas. Website: www.ebookarchitects.com; Twitter: @jtallent.