A recording of this session is now available to IBPA members only. Please log into your IBPA account to access it.
About the Program:
A book announcement press release is an essential book marketing tool – one you can’t overlook.
In 60 minutes, Sandra Beckwith, author of Get Your Book in the News: How to Write a Press Release That Announces Your Book, will show you:
- Why you must write a press release announcing every book you publish
- 9 ways to use your book announcement press release
- How to keep your press release from getting deleted
- Step-by-step instructions on how to write it
- Differences between fiction and nonfiction announcement releases
- Press release distribution options
About the Presenter
Sandra Beckwith is an author and national award-winning former publicist who now teaches authors how to save thousands of dollars by doing their own publicity, promotion, and marketing. You might have seen her on “The Montel Williams Show” or “CBS This Morning,” or read about her in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, or USA Today. Her website, BuildBookBuzz.com, has been named a top website for authors and writers three times. She’s a member of IBPA and the American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA), where she has served on the board of directors.