Taking place in New York on Wednesday, December 2nd (with an optional half-day “China: Children’s Book Market Deep Dive” on the morning of December 3rd), Global Kids Connect Conference will gather together an exclusive group of leading international children’s book publishing professionals to explore the most vital ideas, people and technologies that are shaping the way the children’s book publishing industry is adapting to—and thriving in—a global marketplace.
Publishers Weekly and the Bologna Children’s Book Fair is pleased to welcome you and members of your team to the Global Kids Connect community.
Prepare to be inspired. The range of speakers and activities is dynamic and compelling.
- Listen in to TED-like “GKC Leadership Insight” presentations.
- Pull up a seat for revealing fireside chats.
- Catch up on the latest market trends and learn from case studies in moderated panels.
- Expect the unexpected in rapid-fire question-and-answer rounds.
- Bring your own professional and industry challenges and concerns to the fore in the town hall and ask-the-experts discussions.
- What’s best, you’ll be in the best company, because GKC’s information-packed sessions feature the industry’s most forward-thinking experts in international and digital children’s publishing issues.
The amazing lineup of speakers includes:
- Nosy Crow’s Kate Wilson
- Dylan Collins of SuperAwesome
- Christopher Franceschelli of SmartInk Books and Handprint Books
- Eric Huang of Made in Me
- Emmanuelle Marie of France’s Groupe Bayard
- Historian Leonard Marcus and many more.
We’re also excited to have some industry powerhouses on our advisory committee, including:
- PW’s own Diane Roback
- Ginger Clark of Curtis Brown
- Neal Porter of Neal Porter Books
- Betsy Groban of HMH
- Jon Colman of the Children’s Book Council
- Kate Wilson of Nosy Crow
- Elena Pasoli and Roberta Chinni of the Bologna Children’s Book Fair.
This event will offer fantastic networking opportunities during coffee breaks, over lunch and during a singular cross-industry networking reception that is open to anyone who works in children’s publishing, media, technology, education or entertainment.
IBPA members can receive 25% off on any regular ticket price offerings. Simply register using your exclusive discount code. IBPA members can e-mail Mimi Le to receive the special discount code.
With so many great speakers and such timely topics, this will definitely be the children’s industry event of the year. Visit the Global Kids Connect Conference website for the full program at http://globalkidsconnectcon.com, and make sure to register while space is available.