26th Annual Benjamin Franklin Book Awards™ Call for Entries:
Celebrating the Best in Publishing
You are invited to enter the 26th Annual IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards™. Regarded as one of the highest national honors in publishing, the IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards™ includes fifty-five categories recognizing excellence in both editorial and design.
The award is administered by IBPA, with the help of more than 160 book publishing professionals coming from the library, bookstore, reviewer, designer, publicity and editorial industry segments. The Benjamin Franklin Awards program is unique in that the actual judging forms are returned to all participating publishers.
One Gold and two Silver award winners will be determined in each category. The awards ceremony will be held in conjunction with BookExpo America in May 2014 and all Gold winners will receive an engraved trophy marking their achievement.
In addition, all winners will receive:
- Two tickets to the annual awards ceremony recognizing all of the award winners.
- A personalized award certiﬁcate.
- Special award stickers to afﬁx to the winning books.
- Recognition prior to the awards ceremony on the homepage of the IBPA website.
- Archived listing after the awards ceremony on the IBPA website.
- Announcement to major trade journals (including PW and Shelf-Awareness), to select public libraries, through all IBPA social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, the IBPA Blog, and more.
To assist the judges and to ensure they have enough time to review each book, there are two Calls for Entry: one in September 2013 and one in December 2013.
FIRST CALL DEADLINE – SEPTEMBER 30, 2013
For titles published January 1 – August 31, 2013
SECOND CALL DEADLINE – DECEMBER 31, 2013
Primarily for titles published September 1 – December 31, 2013
The Second Call for Entries is open now.
Visit www.ibpabenjaminfranklinawards.com for details.