A recording of this session is available through IBPA’s institution on OpenLearning.com. IBPA members can login to OpenLearning here to access it.
About the Program
The number of books published every year is exploding while book sales are in decline. More and more writers are competing to sell fewer and fewer books. New publishers face a tough market and a daunting array of options.
This webinar explains the massive “climate change” in the publishing eco-system and what you can expect to encounter as a writer or publisher with a manuscript in-hand.
- Learn the important differences between traditional publishing, self-publishing, and vanity publishing.
- Understand the elements of publishing success and go forward with realistic expectations.
- Find out what it takes to produce an excellent book and how you can exceed the standards of trade publishers.
- Explore the worlds of eBooks and AudioBooks.
- Build an author platform to market your books and use social media to build traffic.
This overview of publishing options and processes offers a “straight-talk” mix of warnings and encouragement designed to make your publishing journey safe, smooth, and successful.
About the Speaker
Dave Bricker is a publishing coach, book designer, award-winning author, and editor who writes theworldsgreatestbook.com, a top-ten blog for indie publishers. He created the <PubML>® web-based eBook platform, which includes a suite of easy-to-use eBook publishing tools and enhanced eBooks that display in your web browser. Read his sailing memoir, The Blue Monk, in <PubML>® format at www.thebluemonkbook.com and his latest work, The Writer’s Guide to Powerful Prose, at theworldsgreatestbook.com/powerful-prose-writing-style/.