A recording of this session is available through IBPA’s institution on OpenLearning.com. IBPA members can login to OpenLearning here.
How To Plan Your Book Launch – with Joel Friedlander
Recorded: May 22, 2013 – 11:00 am PST/ 2:00 pm EST
You’ve worked hard on your book and now it’s time to go public. But you only have one chance to launch it. And remember what your mom told you about making a good first impression?
Successful book launches focus on a strategy designed to get your book in front of the right people in a way that builds excitement, momentum, and sales.
Setting yourself up to have a successful book launch will promote you and your book during this all-important time in your book’s life, and will keep paying dividends for months and years to come.
In this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Divide your launch into pre-launch, launch, and post-launch activities to keep yourself organized
- Make sure your blog or website is “platform-ready”
- Engage book reviewers and book bloggers to help promote your launch
- Leverage interviews and guest articles to gain maximum exposure
- Include the 3 things you absolutely have to have in your media kit
- Make a decision on prepublication reviewers
Make the most of your social media connections to create buzz about your book, even before your launch gets started
Join us to get a plan for your book launch success.
About the Speaker:
Joel Friedlander (@JFBookman) is an award-winning book designer, a blogger, and the author of A Self-Publisher’s Companion: Expert Advice for Authors Who Want to Publish. Joel is the proprietor of Marin Bookworks in San Rafael, California, a publishing services company where he’s helped launch many self-publishers since 1994.
He also writes a popular blog on book design, book marketing and the future of the book at www.theBookDesigner.com and is the creator of the new online training course, The Self-Publishing Roadmap.