This webinar was recorded on November 20th, 2013.
Recorded: November 20, 2013
Time: 11:00am – 12:00pm PST
2:00pm – 3:00pm EST
Location: Online webinar
Bookstores, Libraries, Amazon.com, Public Schools, Universities… where do you want your book to be stocked? How can you get them to put your book on their shelves and how can you people to go looking for it?
Do you have a wish list for stores or shelves where you want to see your book? Would you like to learn the way to get your books there? It IS possible for small presses and first time authors to get past the road-blocks and get on the right shelves!
And yes, it is possible to do it from your computer, phone and mailbox. No Twitter or Facebook necessary!
In this webinar, Amy Collins will draw directly from “front-line” experience and show you how to:
- Research the price and package needed to succeed in your chosen arena and genre
- How to get the reviews and attention online that will draw attention to your book online
- Find the companies and buyers to whom you can send your book for consideration
- What you should send and what you should say
- How to follow up and present your case in a way that maximizes your chances of being picked
- Discover what Libraries, public schools and Universities are looking for and how they work
There are a lot of amazing new tools to market your book, but this webinar will teach you the “old school” basics that still are successful! Amy has stripped away the old fashioned practices that are no longer necessary and teaches you the new rules of selling to the marketplace.
About the Speaker: Amy Collins has over 25 years’ experience selling and marketing books. In 2006 Amy created a book sales company which quickly turned into New Shelves Distribution, the fastest-growing book distribution company in North America. New Shelves offers book sales, warehousing, distribution and marketing services as well as consulting and marketing for publishers and authors – www.newshelves.com. Amy and her team are committed to being of service and sharing their book and sales experience. She can be reached at email@example.com.