The Sixth Annual 805 Writers’ Conference
Registration opens July 5, 2016
Early bird discounts available through August 31, 2016
A weekend filled with intense education on both the craft and business of writing. Focused sessions and workshops bring your writing to professional levels. Industry professionals update you on key elements of the business so that you are ready to succeed.
Saturday: the Business of Writing—the tools you need to succeed
- How to find super fans to drive book sales
- Contracts, copyrights and other legal matters
- Writing the grabber query letter
- Publishers panel discussion
- Industry Update – what is trending and selling
Sunday: the Craft of Writing—the skills to propel your writing
- Master self-editing
- Working with a development editor
- Dialogue, internal monologue and narrative
- Swiss Army Knife of writing tools
- Surprise keynote
- Half-day workshops for fiction or memoir, poetry, and articles.
- Ask the Experts–dine with a publishing pro.
- Meet an Editor–FREE consultation with content, development, copy and proofreading editors.
- Saturday evening reception for attendees and speakers.
- Full weekend or day passes include free parking, lunch, and reception
For more information, visit www.805writersconference.com.